Several PhD. and Postdoctoral positions are available in the NMR laboratory of the StructuralBiology Institute in Grenoble (France). Positions are available in methodological developmentsand NMR applications on the following topics:
- Study of proteins involved in antibiotic resistance and virulence. (Principal Investigator Dr.Jean-Pierre. Simorre).
- Protein/RNA interactions involved in microRNA processing and silencing. (P.I. Dr. Jerome Boisbouvier).
- Structure determination of metalloproteins involved in hydrogenase maturation and heavymetal resistance. (P.I. Drs. Catherine Bougault & Beate Bersch).
- Study of proteins implicated in innate immunity. (P.I. Dr. Pierre Gans).
- Study of biomolecular structure and dynamics in folded and unfolded proteins usingresidual dipolar couplings. (P.I. Dr. Martin Blackledge).
- Fast multidimensional NMR data acquisition and processing. (P.I. Drs. Bernhard Brutscher& Dominique Marion).
The laboratory hosts three NMR spectrometers equipped with cryogenic probes (two 600 MHzand one 800 Mhz) and has access to the nearby 900 MHz spectrometer of the European high fieldNMR centre located in Lyon. Applicants will also have access to a fully equipped wetlab for isotopically labeled NMR sample preparation. More information can be found on the instituteweb site : www.ibs.fr/content/ibs_eng/presentation/lab/lrmn/.
Grenoble is a pleasant city situated in the heart of the French alps, and has one of Europe’s mostvibrant structural biology communities centred around the European Synchroton RadiationFacility (ESRF), the Laue Langevin Institute (ILL), the Structural Biology Institute (IBS) and the EMBL Grenoble Out-Station.
Interested candidates should forward a Curriculum Vitae, and electronic and postal addresses of potential references to the relevant contact via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the followingpostal address:
Laboratoire de RMN
c/o Dr. J.-P. Simorre
Institut de Biologie Structurale
41 rue Jules Horowitz
38027 GRENOBLE Cedex 1